- SRAX’s BIGtoken’s platform allows companies to gain transparent, instant insights from platform’s 16.7+ million subscribers
- BIGtoken surveyed US user-base in early April and again in August in bid to track changes in US consumer behavior
- Actionable insights gleaned from survey reveal US citizens’ consumption habits
SRAX Inc. (NASDAQ: SRAX), a digital marketing pioneer focused on providing consumer data management services, has recently published the results of a series of surveys carried out by BIGtoken, its proprietary consumer insights platform. BIGtoken enables its platform’s user base of over 16.7 million consumers to both own their data and monetize it in an efficient and transparent manner; in turn, the platform’s customers can submit questionnaires and surveys to BIGtoken’s subscribers, receiving rapid and actionable consumer data in return to help them better understand and serve their chosen audiences (https://ibn.fm/SZzc8).
In early April, amidst the early throes of the COVID-19 pandemic, BIGtoken surveyed its United States user base to understand how the pandemic had affected their social behaviors. The company subsequently redeployed the same survey in August to compare the results.
The results provided a fascinating insight into the consumption patterns of US-based individuals while also illustrating a remarkable shift in their daily routines over the past few months. The initial feedback regarding social behavior proved to be especially revealing:
- Less people are isolating alone today (29%) than they were four months ago (44%)
- The most popular activities for passing time at home during the pandemic have been streaming movies & TV shows, cooking or baking, playing video games, and using social media
- In April, 43% of respondents said they were exercising more than they were in the prior month. In August however, only 31% said they were exercising more than they were in the previous 4 months
- When asked, in April, “How has social distancing affected the frequency of communication with friends and family?” 42% of respondents said they were communicating more than usual. When asked again in August, only 32% said they were communicating more than usual
- In April, 70% were shopping online, while in August, only 25% were shopping online
Interestingly, while the survey results showed that consumers were less prone to be isolating alone relative to four months prior, consumption of streaming video content has enjoyed an exponential increase (particular in relation to activities such as exercise, which in turn has witnessed a marked decrease in adherents).
- 46% of respondents said in August 2020 that they are video streaming more than they were four months prior.
- More BIGtoken users have subscribed to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu from April to August 2020.
- Before the coronavirus outbreak, 21% of respondents claimed to have watched one movie per week. Currently, 32% of respondents watch two to three movies per week and 20% watch four to six movies per week.
- Generally, 50% of respondents are watching more TV and movies now than four months ago.
The survey results have matched up to actual trends, with the OTT industry seeking a surge of interest in recent months and the likes of Netflix and Disney+ adding 26 million and 54.5 million paid subscribers over the first half of the year, respectively (https://ibn.fm/4cJwS).
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.SRAX.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to SRAX are available in the company’s newsroom at http://ibn.fm/SRAX