- CNS Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapies to combat aggressive cancers of the brain and central nervous system
- The company will be applying for approval to launch Phase II trials in the first quarter of 2021 for its leading drug candidate, Berubicin, which targets glioblastoma multiforme (“GBM”) brain cancer
- CNS Pharmaceuticals CEO addressed the company’s achievements and its vision for Berubicin development during the recent 22nd annual Global Investment Conference sponsored by H.C. Wainwright & Co.
- C. Wainwright is a full-service investment bank focused on capital markets and equity research in market sectors that hinge on industries encompassing the healthcare and life sciences, metals and mining, clean tech and technology and telecommunications
- CNS holds a worldwide exclusive license to the Berubicin chemical compound and intends to also launch Phase I trials for its use in pediatric brain tumor patients through its sublicensee partner WPD Pharmaceuticals, as well as to develop a second drug candidate, WP1244, which is a novel agent 500 times more potent than chemotherapy drug daunorubicin in stopping cancer proliferation
CNS Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CNSP) gained an opportunity to expand the reach of its novel brain tumor-targeting drug candidate when CEO John Climaco presented the company’s achievements and vision to potential financial backers at the 22nd annual Global Investment Conference sponsored by H.C. Wainwright & Co. (https://ibn.fm/Lqryu).
CNS Pharmaceuticals has been developing unique treatments for primary and metastatic cancers of the brain and central nervous system, including lead drug candidate, Berubicin, which the company is advancing for federal approval in trials to treat the aggressive brain cancer glioblastoma multiforme (“GBM”), according to a company news release (https://ibn.fm/5mppw).
Climaco’s appearance at the three-day investment conference Sept. 14-16 granted the biopharmaceutical company access to the life sciences investment bank’s trading clients and delivered opportunities for interested parties to visit one-on-one with management team members through the conference’s virtual technology platform. A replay of the Sept. 16 presentation will be available on CNS Pharmaceuticals’ website for 90 days following the event.
CNS Pharmaceuticals has achieved a number of key milestones as part of its preparations for filing an Investigational New Drug (“IND”) application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) later this year to launch Phase II clinical trials for Berubicin.
CNS holds a worldwide exclusive license to the Berubicin chemical compound and has obtained all the data from a Phase I clinical trial completed in 2006 that saw some notable successes. Of 25 patients who could be evaluated, 44 percent experienced a statistically significant improvement in clinical benefit and one person obtained lasting results that has left the patient cancer-free as of the last assessment on Feb. 20, 2020, according to the news release.
When the company begins the anticipated Phase 2 trial in the U.S. in Q1 2021, its sublicensee partner, WPD Pharmaceuticals, also intends to launch in Poland a Phase 2 trial for adult GBM patients along with a Phase 1 trial for pediatric patients with GBM. Meanwhile, CNS continues developing a second drug candidate, WP1244, that is a novel DNA binding agent shown in preclinical studies to be 500 times more potent than the chemotherapeutic agent daunorubicin in stopping tumor cell expansion.
H.C. Wainwright & Co.’s annual Global Investment Conference was an ideal place to attract the financial support necessary to help move the projects forward. The Wainwright company is a full-service, client‐focused organization focused on capital markets and equity research in market sectors that hinge on the healthcare and life science industries, the metals and mining industries, the clean tech industry and technology and telecommunications. The conference’s tracks are divided into those four categories as well as a growth track that tackles scaling, leadership and other aspects of small business success (https://ibn.fm/Rp2o5).
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.CNSPharma.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to CNSP are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/CNSP