- Global financial advisory firm Morgan Stanley, through its Real Estate Investing (“MSREI”) business, has identified the growing trend toward improving corporate building facilities’ utilities usage as a benefit to the climate and to real estate investors
- Recent legislation has generated excitement among climate change policy proponents because of its moves to fund greenhouse gas reduction activities
- Correlate Infrastructure Partners, a Louisiana-based driver of energy use optimization, anticipates seeing its growth strategies benefit from the legislative package as it works to promote improvements to HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing processes, key elements for cost-effective improvement of energy efficiency
- CIPI provides analysis and education to corporate clients that help them to recognize their greenhouse gas emissions and how to improve them, benefitting their financial bottom lines in the process
A legislative proposal in Congress designed to reduce inflation is generating excitement among proponents of climate-friendly action because of its generous provisions for benefiting those who try to reduce carbon emissions pollution (https://ibn.fm/Qp3Js).
Correlate Infrastructure Partners (OTCQB: CIPI), a company focused on reducing climate change through improving the ways corporate buildings use energy, applauded the legislation for its funding initiatives that have the potential to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent by 2030 (https://ibn.fm/Tj1HG).
CEO Todd Michaels stated in the news release that the legislation may benefit Correlate Infrastructure’s growth initiatives through solar energy tax credits and establishing greater flexibility for companies to monetize the tax credits, adding “These two key proposals have the potential to accelerate Correlate’s growth, support our ability to own and operate nationwide solar and storage assets, and contribute to strengthening the economy through clean energy project deployment.”
Global financial services powerhouse Morgan Stanley issued an investment policy paper through its Real Estate Investing (“MSREI”) business a few years ago that highlighted the importance of facilities’ energy efficiency and performance optimization trends as a vehicle driving value for real estate investors.
“Overall, the real estate investment team estimates that a typical office building that integrates sustainable practices could help reduce building expenses by 3 to 30 percent, creating $3.5 billion to $34.9 billion of asset value in the top 10 U.S. markets in the process,” the investor briefing states (https://ibn.fm/guBLr). “Through reduced utility costs alone, MSREI investment managers estimate that applying existing technology could generate annual savings in office buildings ranging from $32 million in Philadelphia to $239 million in New York City, thus creating $489 million and $4.8 billion of asset value, respectively.”
Morgan Stanley’s research identifies corporate buildings as consumers of about 40 percent of energy and 25 percent of water resources, creating a source for about 33 percent of the world’s greenhouse gases fueling climate change, and also reducing valuable resources in areas where supplies are already at critical levels.
Correlate Infrastructure Partners mission is to improve corporate clients’ environmental governance (“ESG”) strategies by measuring and analyzing their current utilities’ use, educating clients on their potential improvements and the financial savings available to them, and helping them to implement strategic changes.
As clients provide CIPI with records of their utility bills over the past year and opt in to the company’s advisement, they kick off a pathway to greater environmental responsibility and possible cost reductions through improvements to HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing processes, the addition of solar upgrades, water optimization and antimicrobial airflow, the strategic procurement of energy sources, vehicle electrification and master controls that provide intelligent oversight of any retrofits.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.CorrelateInfra.com, including the following:
- Breaking Down Barriers To Your ESG Goals While Generating Additional Net Operating Income: www.CorrelateInfra.com/our-process
- Platform Generates New Rent And Operating Income, Allowing You To Meet Your ESG Goals: www.CorrelateInfra.com/program
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to CIPI are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/CIPI