- BiondVax summarizes collaboration with the prestigious Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences and the University Medical Center Göttingen to discover and develop nanosized antibody (NanoAb) therapies that address underserved and growing markets, including COVID-19, psoriasis, asthma, psoriatic arthritis and wet macular degeneration.
- The global COVID-19 therapy market was valued at $16.8 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20% during the forecast period, resulting in a value of $35.42 billion by 2025
- The psoriasis market is experiencing a higher-than-expected demand across all regions due to the increasing geriatric population and the growing prevalence of plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis resulting in an anticipated value of $47.24 billion by 2029
Joshua E. Phillipson, BiondVax Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: BVXV) Director of Communications and Investor Relations, recently presented the company’s corporate presentation to investors attending the LD Micro Main Event hosted by SRAX, Inc. at the Luxe in Los Angeles and online via Sequire Virtual Events platform October 25-27, 2022. The LD Micro Main Event, known as the “Woodstock” of the micro-cap world, has been showcasing the next big names in the space for the last 15 years. Phillipson was provided with 25 minutes on the main stage to offer investors an in-depth look at the company. The video is available at https://me22.sequireevents.com/recording?session_id=c2bc57cd-a925-43b2-8441-9f927a64b4f7 (free registration required).
BiondVax is a biotechnology company focused on developing, manufacturing, and commercializing innovative immunotherapeutic products primarily for the treatment of infectious diseases and autoimmune diseases. BiondVax is developing a pipeline of innovative nanosized antibody (NanoAb) therapies addressing diseases underserved by current treatments and with large and growing markets, such as COVID-19, psoriasis, asthma, psoriatic arthritis and wet macular degeneration. The company currently collaborates with the prestigious Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences (“MPG”) and the University Medical Center Göttingen (“UMG”), both in Germany.
Phillipson shared the company’s significant potential for value creation with the investors in attendance and online during the LD Micro event. BiondVax is targeting a massive, validated, addressable market with a pipeline of de-risked NanoAbs with a lead candidate to treat COVID-19 as a self-administered inhaled therapy that has a strong competitive edge. With seasoned scientific leadership and state-of-the-art laboratories and GMP biologics manufacturing facility, the company is well-positioned to bring innovative therapies to market with unique large pharma competencies. Key catalysts for BiondVax are expected in 2022 and 2023.
The company is tapping into the markets of multiple indications to create avenues where there is an unmet need for pharmaceutical therapies. The global COVID-19 therapy market was valued at $16.8 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20% during the forecast period, resulting in a value of $35.42 billion by 2025 (https://ibn.fm/qgzIB). Additionally, BiondVax is planning to target the psoriasis treatment market, which was valued at $24.33 billion globally in 2021. This market is projected to grow to $47.24 billion by 2029 at a CAGR of 8.7%. The psoriasis market is experiencing a higher-than-expected demand across all regions due to the increasing geriatric population and the growing prevalence of plaque and psoriatic arthritis (https://ibn.fm/rOSNg).
The company brings significant clinical and commercial advantages to the collaboration with Max Planck including:
- Infectious disease and recombinant protein drug development experience from lab to Phase 3 clinical trial
- Manufacturing quality and international regulatory experience
- A GMP biologics manufacturing facility well suited to NanoAb production
- Top-tier big pharma and biotech leadership experience
- World-class science and access to leading scientists
- NanoAb platform for the development of promising potent therapeutics
- Exclusive rights to exclusive worldwide licenses covering patented NanoAbs and their manufacturing
BiondVax’s de-risked NanoAbs feature a favorable path to market compared to the risks associated with traditional drug treatments. Compared to monoclonal antibodies (“mAbs”) and oral therapies, the company provides multiple crucial advantages that offer convenience and flexibility backed by clinical benefits.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.BiondVax.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to BVXV are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/BVXV