- Lexaria’s patented DehydraTECH technology improves taste, achieves higher absorption rates and promotes fast onset of bioactive compounds, including nicotine and cannabinoids
- Nine corporate licensees have signed a total of 11 definitive contracts to use DehydraTECH technology in innovative beverages, edibles and oral products
- Lexaria expects to experience unprecedented revenue growth as many of its clients plan aggressive rollouts and growth for their product lines
Biotechnology company and drug delivery platform innovator Lexaria Bioscience Corp. (CSE: LXX) (OTCQX: LXRP) is expanding its family of existing licensees and partners with an impressive lineup of new corporate licensees for use of Lexaria’s patented DehydraTECH absorption technology. A total of nine corporations have signed 11 definitive contracts to use Lexaria’s revolutionary DehydraTECH drug delivery platform within their existing and emerging brands, as the company detailed in a recent news release (http://ibn.fm/tkN6e).
“The first half of 2019 delivered a period of unprecedented achievements for Lexaria,” CEO Chris Bunka stated in a news release. “We signed more license agreements than ever before in our Company’s history, many of which were larger in scope than anything previous. We also launched our brand-new business division Lexaria Nicotine which is disrupting nicotine delivery methods that already attracted one of the world’s largest nicotine companies, which has licensed our technology.”
Lexaria recently announced that it has discovered improved performance characteristics in a new version of its DehydraTECH delivery platform. An innovative use of a naturally sourced formulation enhancement more than doubles DehydraTECH’s absorption performance, the company stated in a news release (http://ibn.fm/9sZRc), making the technology suitable for use in solid oral dosage forms like capsules, tablets and pills for the pharmaceutical, medical and supplement markets. New patent applications related to the recent innovations have been filed.
Lexaria credits its recent commercial success mainly to its ever-growing body of scientific results evidencing the superior capabilities and power of its patented technologies. Recent technological advancements are the result of one of the industry’s most focused and productive R&D programs and hold promise for even higher levels of performance. In one 2019 animal study, combining Lexaria’s DehydraTECH with nanotech technologies delivered increased quantities of CBD into brain tissue following oral ingestion than certain existing industry formulations (http://ibn.fm/vWbd5).
Among the companies taking notice of Lexaria’s DehydraTECH drug delivery platform by signing new license contracts are:
- Altria Ventures Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Altria Group Inc., for oral nicotine products; this license is signed with Lexaria Nicotine LLC, a separate business division of Lexaria Bioscience Corp;
- Nuka Enterprises LLC, for a new CBD/hemp license for beverages across the U.S.;
- Two new worldwide beverages licenses to Hill Street Beverages (excluding Mexico);
- Two new joint manufacturing production licenses with Hill Street Beverages for new, jointly owned cannabis and CBD brands;
- Three new licenses with other companies for CBD beverages and edible CBD ingredients/products across the U.S.;
- One new license for cannabis beverages in California; and
- One new multistate cannabis expansion license with Nuka Enterprises LLC for its 1906 Brands for five states and two new product categories.
Lexaria expects to sign additional new definitive license agreements through the balance of 2019 and beyond as demand for its industry-leading technology continues to increase. Lexaria has multiple patents pending in over 40 countries around the world and has patents granted in the U.S. and Australia for utilization of its DehydraTECH delivery technology.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LXRP are available in the company’s newsroom at http://ibn.fm/LXRP