Geyser Brands Inc. (TSX.V: GYSR) is a consumer wellness brand cultivator that builds and markets hemp-infused health and wellness products and brands in the nutraceutical, cosmetics, food and beverage and pet sectors. Using its proprietary nanotechnology formulation, the company delivers creams, baked goods and tincture formulations with superior bioavailability and water solubility. Geyser Brands is rapidly building its revenue-generating operation with a marked milestone in September 2019 with the successful acquisition of Solace Management, a company whose portfolio includes 57 SKUs of consumer wellness goods and pet care products.
Solace recently moved into its new 7,500-square-foot GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)-compliant facility in Coquitlam, British Columbia, which is expected to trigger up to a 10-fold increase in the company’s production capacity now that it has a Natural Health Product site license from Health Canada. Solace intends to also develop and license new products that are either ready for production or are in various stages of development, since construction of the facility is now complete.
Geyser Brands and Solace welcomed yet another marketable product to their stable with the receipt of an NPN (Natural Product Number) from Health Canada for their hemp-based pain relief roll-on, which means the pain-relief product can now be sold as a natural health product through the company’s Apothecary Naturals line. Health Canada assessed the roll-on and found it to be safe, effective and of high quality when it is used as directed.
The efficacy of most hemp products is restricted as the insoluble nature of the molecules prevents most of the product from permeating the skin or entering the body system. Geyser Brands solves this insolubility problem with an advanced delivery system that quickly and efficiently transports therapeutic agents directly to the bloodstream for maximum absorbency.
Made with all-natural materials, NanoFusion technology offers an array of advantages: enhances penetration for deeper skin penetration; improves the transport of active ingredients for site-specific targeting; delivers active ingredients across cell membranes for release within the cell; and provides longer shelf-life and stability of molecules.
Geyser Brands operates a 7,000-square-foot facility in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, where its initial cannabis cultivation generated the first revenues out of the company’s cultivation license granted in October 2018. Geyser Brands is approved as a licensed producer in compliance with Health Canada standards, which allows the company to pursue its processing and sales license. Obtaining this license will enable the company to extend its products and brands into the regulated Canadian cannabis market and directly to the consumer medical market.
Geyser Brands’ integrated production chain and formulation lab develops innovative products using high-quality hemp for healthy lifestyle brands while its R&D lab produces product formulations designed to enhance bio-availability of hemp and shelf stability while maintaining all-natural ingredients and ensuring premium quality.
Geyser Brands actively explores opportunities to invest in the research and development of unique, high-quality proprietary strains and technologies that target specific health-related conditions such as pain and inflammation reduction, insomnia, digestive issues and other commonly known ailments.
- Apawthecary Pets – line of products has established itself as leading all-natural hemp-based pet treats with formulations for pet treats, salves and oral drops. Animals, like humans, may suffer from the insomnia, digestive difficulties, pain and inflammation hemp products are designed to relieve a wide variety of conditions. All of Apothecary’s products are made with organic, cold-pressed and unrefined hemp seed oil extract.
- Apothecary Naturals – 100% all-natural, organic, hemp-based topical products for everything from skin care to pain relief.
- WildTails – 100% all-natural, freeze-dried, single-ingredient and nano-hemp infused pet foods and treats.
- Apothecary Ink – Antibacterial skin preparation products, pain control as well as skin care for new and old tattoos.
Chairman and Co-Founder, Brad Kersch, brings a strong business background with over 20 years of experience in successful startups and working with Fortune 500 companies. He spent his early years in the advertising and marketing field and went on to form Hyperware, a clothing company that sold branded clothing to retailers across Canada before selling to clothing giant Ocean Pacific (OP). Kersch became the president of Shoreline Studios, Canada’s largest and oldest studio for film and TV. In 2014 he started Solace Management Group, a hemp product company focused on pet, cosmeceutical, and nutraceutical markets.
CEO and Co-Founder, Andreas Thatcher, has been CEO of Geyser Brands since the January 2018 and has been a principal at Rhizome Group since 2014, an entertainment company focused on building media IP through creative and market development. He previously was a founding partner at Rhizome Capital LLC, a U.S.-based media investment company specializing in marketing and distribution financing, and worked in the Investment Banking industry in London and Toronto. Thatcher holds a master’s degree in economics.
CFO Gordon Clissold is a Chartered Professional Accountant with over 20 years of experience as an operational and financial manager for both public and private companies. His career experience spans multiple industries that include technology, manufacturing, wholesale distribution, and professional services. Gordon obtained his accounting designation in 1995, was awarded the Fellowship designation in 2006, and has been awarded life membership as Chartered Professional Accountant.
Kuldip Gill, head of Geyser Brands’ R&D program, has more than 35 years of experience in the cannabis industry. Gill built the largest manufacturing facility in the lower mainland in Surrey, British Columbia, complete with R&D, analytical and quality control labs approved by both the FDA and Health Canada. He has to date created over 3,500 formulas, most notably Lakota pain relief gel. Gill’s experience and proven track record is evident in the strongly marketable formulations he has developed and sold worldwide.
- The company recently closed on its acquisition of established hemp brands manufacturer Solace, adding two-dozen wellness products and 57 SKUs to its stable
- The acquisition adds a 7,500-square-foot, GMP-compliant facility to an existing innovation hub and manufacturing subsidiary in Coquitlam, British Columbia
- Solace just recently received approval for sales of a new pain-relief roll-on product thanks to a Natural Product Number issued by Health Canada
- The global topical pain relief market is forecast to reach $13.28 billion by 2025 with a growth CAGR of 7.4 percent beginning from 2018
- Medical and recreational cannabis is legal for adult-use in Canada with consumables expected to be available in October 2019
- Passage of 2018 Farm Bill in the U.S. opens hemp production nationwide
- Legal cannabis sales worldwide reached $12 billion in 2018 with analysts projecting up to $32 billion in sales by 2022
- CBD-infused consumables are expected to gain popularity with edibles growing to be a $4 billion market in the U.S. and Canada by 2022
- Nanofusion technology overcomes insolubility problems associated with CBD oils, improving bioavailability and providing for controlled onset and offset times